Home Church Resource:
Prepare the Way
(Micah 6:8 Journey)
June 28 (Biblical Ethnicity)
Eat Together (30 min) Please practice current safety measures as we begin to gather in-person, seeking to enjoy the devotion of sharing a meal. Consider how to safely eat together (try to have each family bring food for their own household, etc.).
Worship & Prayer (20 min)
Follow this LINK for this week’s Worship Resource that also has practical instructions on how to worship together on Zoom. YouTube Playlist.
We are going to pause for 2 minutes to consider how we will give this week. For those that call Navah home, this is a time for you to give right now or review your giving to all God does in and through Navah. During this time, also listen and ask the Spirit if there is a need/person He wants you to bless. Let’s wait in silence for 2 minutes now. Give Online.
The Life Transformation School (LTS) will run from August 3-15 this year and will follow social distancing guidelines. This is foundational training for Navah membership and leadership. It is not a standard information course but an opportunity for the Holy Spirit to work in us, transforming us further into the image of Christ. Registration is open on the Navah website HERE.
Young men and women entering 6th grade in Fall 2020 are invited and encouraged to join in with Bonfire activities as of NOW:
- Picnic & Yard Games at Loose Park on Friday, July 10th from 6-8 p.m.
- Pizza & Game Night on Friday, July 24th - wear a cool hat! Venue to be determined.
- Weekly book club
Young men & women, parents or Home Church leaders, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids (time varies)
Consider how you integrate these kids resources from Navah Kids. Each home church will do this differently depending on the number and age of the children participating. Remember to include your kids as much as possible and have fun! See the resource HERE.
Care (20 min)
- Hi/Lo or Good News Stories
- Invite each person to share a brief Hi/Lo (gratitude and prayer need)
Consider having the next person who shares pray a short blessing over the previous person who shared
Message from Jemar Tisby (15 min)
A Theology of Race (video)
Brief discussion of the message - “What was God revealing to you as you listened?”
- Is this your first time considering ethnicity in the scriptures?
Additional Resource: The Gospel Coalition
6 Ways the Bible Changed My Mind About Ethnic Diversity
Communion (10 min)
- Ask each person/household to prepare elements ahead of time - give them a few days heads up if possible
- Read short passage - 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
- Lead them in receiving the elements
- Consider singing or reciting the doxology together (acapella)