Home Church Resource:
Prepare the Way
Part 3: May 24 (Hunger, Psalm 27:4)
Eat Together (30 min)
We will resume this devotion in-person when we are permitted to gather again. We are asking all Navah Home Churches to stay virtual through May.
For more connection you may want to schedule a virtual game night or meal with your Home Church for a different day or time in the week.
Worship & Prayer (20 min)
Follow this LINK for this weeks Worship Resource that also has practical instructions on how to worship together on Zoom.
- YouTube Playlist
We are going to pause for 2 minutes to consider how we will give this week. For those that call Navah home, this is a time for you to give right now or review your giving to all God does in and through Navah. During this time, also listen and ask the Spirit if there is a need/a person He wants you to bless. Let’s wait in silence for 2 minutes now. Give Online.
Kids (time varies)
Each home church will do this differently depending on the number and age of the children participating. Feel free to place this during anytime of the gathering and schedule the time you need. Follow this LINK for the Navah Kids Resources.
Care (20 min)
- Hi/Lo or Good News Stories
- Invite each person to share a brief Hi/Lo (gratitude and prayer need)
- Consider having the next person who shares pray a short blessing over the previous person who shared.
Message from Adam Cox - Psalm 27:4 (20 min)
Prepare The Way: Hunger - Adam Cox, May 24, 2020
- Read the passage Psalm 27:4
- Brief discussion of the message & passage - “What was God revealing to you as you listened?”
In what ways do you recognize hunger in your own life? How do you know when you are “hungry”?
Of the three “D” words that Adam shared (desire, discipline, delight), where do you feel most strengthened right now?
In which of the three areas do you feel the most stretched?
In what ways are you cultivating spiritual hunger in your daily life with the Lord?
PRAY: In breakout rooms, pray for one another by listening to the Spirit, asking Him to help us create rhythms of intimacy that produce hunger for His presence.
Communion (10 min)
- Ask each person/household to prepare elements ahead of time; give them a few days heads up if possible.
- Read short passage - 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
- Lead them in receiving the elements
- Consider singing or reciting the doxology together (acapella)