Missional Communities are the primary way we follow Jesus as a prayerful family on mission.
Missional Communities provide the context for Jesus to transform hearts, homes, neighborhoods and even nations. We love the way Jesus’ first followers expressed prayerful, family on mission and seek to live a similar lifestyle together.
Acts 2:42-47 reads, “They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”
Prayerful: All of Life in God’s PresencE
- We live in the Father’s love, enjoy Jesus’ friendship and listen to the Holy Spirit at work, at home and wherever we may find ourselves.
- We ask the Father for what we need and give thanks for what we have.
- We can’t get enough of God’s story in the Bible. We pray it, read it, obey it and seek to live it.
- We pray for our neighbors to encounter, fall in love with and follow Jesus.
- We cry out for the people and systems that are broken, damaged and hurting to be restored, reconciled and made right.
- We declare Jesus’ miraculous possibility and promises into all impossibility.
Family: All of Life with God’s People
- We know each other's stories, walk together in daily life and refuse to stop having fun.
- We see one another according to our identity in Jesus before our performance, and cultivate a culture of honor, transparency and accountability at a heart level.
- We base our relationships on who Jesus is and how the Bible teaches us to live.
- We encourage dreaming and the generous contribution of each person’s gifts, time and money to see the family built.
- We regularly eat meals, throw parties and centrally remember Jesus through communion.
- We are a community of all ages that loves kids and includes them in our meetings, meals and whole life of following Jesus.
Mission: All of Life with God’s Passion
- We remember that it is Jesus who is already at work in the lives of our neighbors, and seek to join Him. Mission is not our identity but our joy and privilege.
- We are looking to help our neighbors follow Jesus in all of life.
- We value showing and telling who Jesus is through our words and lifestyle at home, at work and in every part of our lives.
- We believe for miracles of healing, provision and restoration all around us.
- We serve our communities and neighborhoods in ways that will truly meet felt needs and reveal the love and kindness of Jesus.
- We throw parties, celebrate and eat with our friends who don’t yet follow Jesus.
Current Missional Communities
1. Westside of Downtown-Dave & Pam Gilbertson
2. Grandview-Justin & Julie Prestidge
3. KCK- Mark & Jana Sawyer, Joseph & Kathryn Lalli, Matt & Carolyn Jensen
4. Legacy East, South KC-Curtis Edwards, Cutter Gage, Caitlin Ewing, Megan Ward, Kim Clouse
5. Midtown-Lucas & Abby Tillman, Ryan Bennett
6. Lees Summit-Adam & Febe Chiarelli, Josh & Corey Norris