Following Jesus Together
November 22: Following Jesus - Reflection from Leader’s Weekend
Eat Together (30 min) Please practice current safety measures as we begin to gather in-person, seeking to enjoy the devotion of sharing a meal. Consider how to safely eat together (try to have each family bring food for their household, etc.).
Worship & Prayer (20 min)
“Worship is the acknowledgment of, agreement with, and yielding to lordship, wholeheartedly offering attention and affection to ascribe worth.”
We are going to pause for 2 minutes to consider how we will give this week. For those that call Navah home, this is a time for you to give right now or review your giving to all God does in and through Navah. During this time, also listen and ask the Spirit if there is a need/person He wants you to bless. Let’s wait in silence for 2 minutes now. Give Online.
- Covid Pastoral Update Letter for Home Church Leaders
- Through Caring for Kids, Navah has partnered with Holliday Elementary (Montessori), a school of 360 kids from pre-K through 6th grade. This is a way in which we can do something active and practical to make a difference beyond ourselves for the Lord in Kansas City. Please listen to this attached one-minute recording from Porsche Seals, the director of Caring for Kids, on the significance of Navah’s partnership: Porsche Seals Video. It is a diverse school near Swope Park on the east side of Kansas City. Please take some time to view their website here. There are 54 staff members, and we as Navah Church are wanting to be an encouragement to them. We have provided snacks for them during parent-teacher conferences by Zoom, as well as supplied journals, bookmarks, and pencils to the kids. Please take some time in your Home Church to pray for the school, as there is substantial pressure on the staff, parents, and kids as teaching is still virtual during this COVID-19 pandemic. They were planning to move to a hybrid model in November, but this has now been delayed due to the recent spike in COVID-19 cases. Please take some time to connect by email and encourage the staff member that you are linked to.
Kids (time varies)
Consider how you integrate these kids’ resources from Navah Kids. Each home church will do this differently depending on the number and age of the children participating. Remember to include your kids as much as possible and have fun! Resource HERE.
Care (20 min)
Hi/Lo or Good News Stories
- Invite each person to share a brief Hi/Lo (gratitude and prayer need)
- Consider having the next person who shares pray a short blessing over the previous person who has shared.
Home Church Leaders Reflections from Leader’s Weekend
- Home Church Leaders: share back with your home churches what you heard and experienced at the Navah Leader’s Weekend.
- Consider organizing your thoughts around the theme of “Blessed,” “Broken,” and “Given,” and how the Lord was speaking to you as a team in this message. *Adam Cox’s notes have been sent out via WhatsApp, and we encourage you to reference them as you share with your home churches.
- Remember that your story and experience from the weekend is really important when sharing. Through our stories, the Holy Spirit can impart more than we could possibly imagine.
- Pray: Out of the sharing, let us lean in to hear what the Spirit may be saying or doing in our home churches. Begin to pray for each other and the home church. He may begin to give pictures, scriptures, or words to the home or to individuals. He is kind and trustworthy. Do your best to write down what you are hearing or experiencing. Your home church's story with God is both unique and important!
- “Blessed, Broken, and Given” leads into Communion as the perfect response.
Communion (10 min)
- Ask each person/household to prepare elements ahead of time - give them a few days heads up if possible
- Read short passage - 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
- Lead them in receiving the elements
- Consider singing or reciting the doxology together (acapella)
Lord’s Prayer Together (2 min)