Following Jesus Together
Nov 1: 24-7 Prayer Gathering - Sunday Morning with John Mark Comer
Eat Together (30 min) Please practice current safety measures as we begin to gather in-person, seeking to enjoy the devotion of sharing a meal. Consider how to safely eat together (try to have each family bring food for their household, etc.).
Worship & Prayer (20 min)
“Worship is the acknowledgment of, agreement with, and yielding to lordship, wholeheartedly offering attention and affection to ascribe worth.”
Follow this LINK for this week’s Worship Resource that also has practical instructions on how to worship together on Zoom.
Psalm 37:1-9 for Lectio Divina
We are going to pause for 2 minutes to consider how we will give this week. For those that call Navah home, this is a time for you to give right now or review your giving to all God does in and through Navah. During this time, also listen and ask the Spirit if there is a need/person He wants you to bless. Let’s wait in silence for 2 minutes now. Give Online.
- January LTS registration is open and available HERE
- During the 2019/2020 Faith Fund season, we were privileged to give over $75,000 to see the expansion and multiplication of missions and the most vulnerable amongst us cared for. Here is a chart to show the breakdown of the distribution of funds. Please prayerfully consider joining us in this new 2020/21 Faith Fund season by completing the online form HERE. For more information about how Faith Fund works, please visit this link. Thank you for extending your faith and being part of the Gospel expansion.
- Encourage everyone to be praying for the nation, to research the various candidates at national, state, and local levels, to prayerfully ask the Lord whom to vote for, and of course to vote.
Kids (time varies)
Consider how you integrate these kids’ resources from Navah Kids. Each home church will do this differently depending on the number and age of the children participating. Remember to include your kids as much as possible and have fun! See the resource HERE.
Care (20 min)
Hi/Lo or Good News Stories
Invite each person to share a brief Hi/Lo (gratitude and prayer need)
Consider having the next person who shares pray a short blessing over the previous person who shared
Video and Reflections - 24/7 Prayer Gathering
Much like the first-century church and countless others around the world and throughout history, Navah Church was birthed out of a movement of unceasing prayer known as 24/7 Prayer. As the first 24/7 Community in the US, we have a deep and rich heritage with the global movement of 24/7. We are family.
With Covid-19, both the national and European gatherings were canceled. However, this has allowed us an incredible opportunity for our first-ever global online gathering. Since Friday, the online gathering has been bringing folks from 76 different nations together for prayer and the presence of God, learning from one another, and leaning in to receive what the Spirit of God is saying to His people. This morning we will be joining all those in attendance to hear from a dear friend of the movement - John Mark Comer. As we watch, may we pause to celebrate this beautiful opportunity to be connected to the Lord and His people, globally, in a year crippled by disconnection.
Reflection Points (Different, Harder, Longer, Better)
- Consider your dreams? Have you experienced a similar process to Joseph in the scriptures?
- Where do you find yourself dreaming with God right now? Are you needing to “re-seed some prophetic imagination?” Do you feel like your dreams are dead and buried, needing to be resurrected? Do you feel “pregnant” with a dream and you just don’t know how or when God will bring it to pass?
- No matter where you might be in your process and dreaming with God, let's begin to pray for a renewed trust in the God who gives dreams. Lord, help us to actively trust you now, stirred by a willingness to move towards You in bold faith and with open fists. You are the protector and perfector of our dreams. We pray this in the power of the name of Jesus. Amen.
Communion (10 min)
Ask each person/household to prepare elements ahead of time - give them a few days heads up if possible
Read short passage - 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
Lead them in receiving the elements
Consider singing or reciting the doxology together (acapella)
Lord’s Prayer Together (2 min)