Following Jesus: Common Rule
June 20, 2021 - Bless our Neighbors
Eat Together (30 min) Please practice current safety measures if gathering in-person, seeking to enjoy the devotion of sharing a meal. Consider how to safely eat together (try to have each family bring food for their household, etc.).
Worship & Prayer (20 min) “Worship is the acknowledgment of, agreement with, and yielding to lordship, wholeheartedly offering attention and affection to ascribe worth.”
Choose any combination of the following engagements to fill your shared time of worship:
- Follow this LINK for this week’s Worship Resource.
- YouTube Playlist - Includes one song for communal singing and one instrumental song for contemplation/meditation.
- Psalm 65 NIV
- Lectio Divina Instructions
Give (2 min) Pause to consider how we will give this week. For those that call Navah home, this is a time for you to give right now or review your giving to all God does in and through Navah. During this time, also listen and ask the Spirit if there is a need/person He wants you to bless. Let’s wait in silence for 2 minutes now. Give Online, or give via text at: 816-839-6244.
- All Church Gathering July 8th at El Torreon, 6:30-8pm
- LTS August 9th - 21st
- Common Rule (Navah 2021 Bible Reading Plan | Navah Family Common Rule Prayer Guide - June 2021)
Kids (time varies)
Consider how you integrate these kids’ resources from Navah Kids. Each home church will do this differently depending on the number and age of the children participating. Remember to include your kids as much as possible and have fun! You can access the resource HERE.
Care (20 min)
- Hi/Lo or Good News Stories
- Invite each person to share a brief Hi/Lo (gratitude and prayer need)
- Consider having the next person who shares, pray a short blessing over the previous person who has shared.
BLESS our Neighbors - Home Church Resource
Communion (10 min) Read a short passage (1 Corinthians 11:23-26) - lead them in receiving the elements. Consider singing or reciting the doxology together (acapella) and finish with the Lord’s prayer.