January 3: Deeply Formed Disciples
Eat Together (30 min) Please practice current safety measures as we seek to enjoy the devotion of sharing a meal. Consider how to safely eat together if in person (try to have each family bring food for their household, etc.) or get on a Zoom call early to share a hot drink.
Worship & Prayer (20 min)
“Worship is the acknowledgment of, agreement with, and yielding to lordship, wholeheartedly offering attention and affection to ascribe worth.”
Follow this LINK for this week’s Worship Resource that also has practical instructions on how to worship together on Zoom.
We are going to pause for 2 minutes to consider how we will give this week. For those that call Navah home, this is a time for you to give right now or review your giving to all God does in and through Navah. During this time, also listen and ask the Spirit if there is a need/person He wants you to bless. Let’s wait in silence for 2 minutes now. Give Online.
- Navah is beginning exciting new rhythms of Scripture reading and prayer together. These are the initial steps of a common practice, receiving the richness of formation in the Word of God and time with Him. The reading plan and weekly Prayer Resource is underway! Print off a paper copy of the Navah website and join in:
Kids (time varies)
Consider how you integrate these kids’ resources from Navah Kids. Each home church will do this differently depending on the number and age of the children participating. Remember to include your kids as much as possible and have fun! Resource HERE.
Care (20 min)
- Hi/Lo or Good News Stories
- Invite each person to share a brief Hi/Lo (gratitude and prayer need)
- Consider having the next person who shares pray a short blessing over the previous person who has shared.
“Spiritual transformation is the process by which Christ is formed in us for the glory of God, for the abundance of our own lives and for the sake of others. The possibility that humans can be transformed to such an extent that they image Christ is central to the message of the gospel, and therefore it is central to the mission of the church.” (Ruth Haley Barton “Pursuing God’s Will Together p. 241)
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." - 2 Corinthians 3:17-18
- What impacted you from the message?
- How have you seen the Spirit’s transforming work in your life through Scripture Reading, Silence/Solitude, or Gathering with the Saints? Which of these 3 practices feels most life-giving and which one is most challenging? Why?
- What barriers do you see to engaging these 3 shared practices with the Navah family?
- If there is time: Share a moment when you experienced the smile of the Father or silent whisper of his love recently?
Action - Make sure everyone has the Bible Reading Plan and Prayer Guide
Communion (10 min)
Ask each person/household to prepare elements ahead of time - give them a few days heads up if possible
Read short passage - 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
Lead them in receiving the elements
Consider singing or reciting the doxology together (acapella)
Lord’s Prayer Together (2 min)